Company whistleblowers might not at all times seize the largest headlines, however the area is seeing intensive exercise — and presenting difficult challenges for attorneys and different company advisors.
Final month, the SEC awarded $6 million to 5 whistleblowers, and earlier this yr, the company launched proposed adjustments to 2 whistleblower program guidelines.
To supply a deeper understanding of tendencies and dangers, PLI is providing a half-day program, Company Whistleblowing in 2022, which can present important insights on current developments shaping the present danger panorama, each through the pandemic and rising from it.
The professional panel will embrace main whistleblower legislation practitioners in addition to present and former regulators.
Within the session, you’ll acquire in-depth views on current regulatory and authorized developments, together with the present and future route of the federal whistleblower bounty and safety packages, what regulatory enforcement developments to count on within the coming yr, finest practices in responding to whistleblower allegations, and the challenges of and sensible methods for prosecuting, defending, and managing whistleblower claims.
Attendees will be taught extra about:
- The protections and incentives accessible to company whistleblowers
- The present priorities and agendas of the SEC, CFTC, and Division of Labor whistleblower packages, together with current amendments to the SEC’s program
- The tendencies and points just lately dealing with the non-public plaintiffs’ whistleblower bar
- The newest administrative and case legislation referring to whistleblowing
- The impression that the pandemic and return to work have had on whistleblowing